Mobile users finally surpassed desktop users last year to become the No.1 source of traffic to eCommerce sites. Although mobile’s popularity is still growing, it appears that on both our platform and the wider industry, initial browsing may takes place on this device, whereas actual purchasing is done through a desktop.
As customer’s are constantly switching between devices, retailers are trying to find a way to offer them a consistent, cross-channel experience; this is where bluCommerce Persistent Basket comes in.
The benefits of a persistent basket
bluCommerce Persistent Basket is specifically designed to help your website reduce shopping cart abandonment and provide your customers with a consistent shopping experience across all their devices. It’s also a great incentive to encourage them to sign-up for an account so they can start receiving benefits, including access to this multi-device shared basket.
bluCommerce provides an easy way for customers to quickly sign into their account
How it works
- Firstly, customers need to ensure they’re logged into their account.
- Then they browse on one device (mobile) and add items to their basket.
- If they don’t want to purchase the items yet they can leave the site
- The bluCommerce Persistent Basket feature retains the basket contents on their account, ready for when they return
- Next time they log back in on any device (e.g. desktop, or a tablet), the same items will sync across devices and be available to purchase!
It’s as simple as that! Customers can easily browse on one device and buy on another, knowing they won’t lose their products or have to start again. This new feature aims to make the overall shopping experience more consistent and effortless for the customer.
If you’re interested in learning more about persistent baskets, coming to the bluCommerce platform soon, contact us today.